Saturday, July 18, 2009

Dishes and a Chandelier

Over the last year or so I have been collecting vintage floral china to make a collage of plates over my headboard. These are the dishes I have collected so far...


Even though I think my dish layout is fairly complete, I still can't seem to leave pretty dishes behind. I picked up these two dishes for $1 for the platter and $.50 for the floral plate. Not sure what I'm going to do with them yet.


I found this black velveteen chandelier for $10. My husband thinks it's hideous, I think it's beautiful, I think I am going to hang it in my sewing room, at least that way he won't have to look at it. The little green basket has little votive cup rings in it, I think it would look pretty with flower vases in it as well, maybe some of my milk glass vase collection, that way if they get broken, they are easily replaced. And last but not least, a little gaudy gold frame, I can't leave these alone either, if I find one, I have to buy it.


The grey thing in the back of this picture is a piece of bead board with a piece of metal attatched to make a magnet board. I am going to paint it white, then distress it a little, or maybe paint it red and put it in my sewing room, or red would work in the family room or the kitchen or or or, I will just shut up now LOL anyway it was $.50


The little carousel picture frame was $2. I have wanted one for a long time, I may put pictures of the boys in it and take it to school. It will look cute in my classroom.

The red thing is a document stand. My mom has one in her sewing room, she uses it to prop up her quilting patterns while she sews, I thought it was a great idea and just happened to stumble upon this red one (the perfect color of course) the day after I decided I needed one. How is that for providence?

And another barn star, yep, another of those things I can't seem to leave behind, I have so many barn stars, I think there is one in every room of my house, but that's ok because they make me happy. I think I will paint this one and put it on the porch. I also got a cute tin patriotic sign for the porch and just now realized I forgot to take a picture, so look for that in a future post.

Just a note, I have decorators ADD and tend to change my decor frequently. As I do this, I will list things for sale here on my blog and you can buy them by leaving me a comment. So watch for "SALE" posts and see if there is anything listed that speaks to you.
Have a great day, and happy thrifting!

1 comment:

Shanae said...

I like the chandelier, B just doesn't have the right taste LOL And you already know that I LOVE everything in your house!