Saturday, October 3, 2009

Hello Again

Wow, it's been a while. I needed a break from blogging but I never intended to be gone for so long.

I haven't been thrifting much. What little spending money I have had has gone to fabric lately. I have three Halloween costumes to come up with after all.

Sitting in the kitchen talking to my husband the other day, I came up with the idea to put the boys' wooden play house in the middle of the front lawn and decorate it like a gingerbread house for Christmas. B loved the idea so we headed off to the thrift for some Christmas lights, which can always be found in abundance there.

Since we were there anyway....


I found a glass Log Cabin syrup bottle, which is kind of funny because we had just been talking about them over labor day. It's not the bottle I remember, after all it's not shaped like a log cabin, but it's a commemorative bottle with an Eagle emblem on the back. It's kinda pretty and it will go well in my Americana family room.


I found a blue canning jar, I don't think it's old, but I like the color.



A Milk Glass Jergens lotion bottle.


A Milk Glass pedestal bowl.


Some charming little plates.


And a size 2X mens t-shirt which I spent today turning into this pillow form. Now I just have to stuff it =0)

2 comments:

Julie said...

That a lot of great stuff you found. I love the idea of the playhouse.

Anonymous said...

Very cool! And I'm going to have to come stalk you at Christmas to see your cool house!!!