Saturday, August 1, 2009

08-01-09 Sailboat Saturday

My husband has always wanted one of those giant wooden sailboats. I'm not really sure why. So when I stumbled across this little treasure at my favorite thrift a couple weeks ago, I grabbed it. It was clear up on a top shelf, I almost couldn't reach it, and at the time it was a jumble of strings, and sails, and dowels. It had no price tag, but I hoped they would give me a price I could live with because I really didn't want to leave it behind. This will look so great on top of PK's computer desk in his bedroom!


How much you ask? Are you sitting down? Because these things are in the hundreds brand new, and I am really glad this one was all taken apart because they gave it to me for a mere $5.00.

Yesterday we were out and about again and I had to go clear across town to the upholstery fabric store. Since it was right next door to Savers (thrift) and my poor PK was about to wet his pants, and the fabric store didn't have a public restroom, we went in. And of course I can't go in without looking around...


I stumbled upon another ship. Two in one month, pretty amazing. This one was $14.99 though and I wasn't going to buy it (because I'm cheap) but B really wanted it, so it came home with us. I have no clue where this one is going to go, since I am out of decorating space in PK's bedroom.

7 comments:

Shanae said...

Those boats are so cool! Maybe you could stick it in his train room LOL

Julie said...

What a good find! My daughter and I was in a shop the other day and there was a old boat coffee table with a cool glass top that you could put stuff under, that she fell in love with. I said this has to be in the hundreds but when she ask it was only $60.00. So yes she bought it right then.

Shara said...

Great boats at an even better price! Thanks for leaving your link on my blog. Your blog looks great! I bookmarked you so I will be back to see your treasures.

oliveoyl64 said...

HI, I found you through Monkeybox. I have a blog but it is pretty sad. You now have an official "subscriber" on bloglines. I look foward to reading more and seeing what you have for SALE.

Dawn said...

I love the ships!

The Dreamstress said...

Those are really neat! I love these kind of blog posts!

Delightful Dwelling said...

Awesome, I love those boats. What great finds.