Tuesday, August 25, 2009

My Husband Rocks

Sorry, I didn't realize that I had never come back and posted my surprise from B. I got wrapped up in making Christmas quilt blocks for a swap and let the rest of my life slide for a bit.

But, quilt blocks are done now and can be seen on my other block "Keep Me In Stitches"

In the meantime, we went to a thrift shop a couple weeks ago and they had an antique typwriter in a glass case, I had been wanting one for a long time. I had visions of a little typewriter sitting on my end table with little sheets of pretty stationary threaded through and fun little messages typed out. But I had never found a typewriter that was what I was looking for until that day.


B said there was no way he was getting it, we couldn't afford it blah blah blah so I VERY reluctantly left it behind, and we went home.

I had a dinner with some friends that evening and when I came home he said he had a surprise for me. I figured he had gotten me one of my favorite sugar cookies to make up for the disappointment of not getting the typewriter, but when he said open your eyes, there it was, my sweet adorable little typewriter.

He said the minute he saw it, he wanted to surprise me with it, but I made him feel so guilty for him making me leave it behind he figured he better not draw out the surprise for too long LOL.


The minute I left for my dinner he threw the boys in the car and rushed to the shop hoping they would still be open when he got there. He got there just minutes before they closed.

Yay for cute little type writers!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Oh what a great find! I few years ago my daughter and I were in a shop in Kamas and some people came in telling the shop owner that they had all this nice old stuff that they were selling at a gargage sale and wanted to know if he wanted to purchase anything and he said no. Will my daughter and I ran out jumped into the car and followed them home to find a beautiful old typewritter that looks just about like yours. I bought it for her for &15.00 and it looked like it hadn't been used much at all.
What shop did you get yours at???

Shanae said...

ahhh... Good job B! It is very cute!