Friday, August 7, 2009

Thrifted Finds 08-05-09

B had to run some errands around town the other day that happened to take me past the less desirable location of my favorite thrift, and since we were there anyway....

I found a cute gumball machine to add to B's collection for $1.50


A Rachell Ashwell Shabby Chic sheet, and a vintage pillow case. I love the fabric on the vintage pillow case so much, I searched desperately for a sheet in the same print, but there wasn't one. I love the aqua and pink.


Another cute rose china plate, I don't know what I am going to do with all these, I have ten times more than I need to do my collage wall, but I keep buying them, it's an addiction.


I bought this letter tray thinking it would look great on my desk containing all those loose papers I always seem to have floating around, but to my dismay, this letter tray is not big enough to actually hold a letter. How annoying!

The pink jewelry stand was a dark walnut color when I bought it, but I gave it a quick scrub, prime coat, and coat of pink paint and it's cute as can be.

And while I didn't pick up these little yellow ceramic canisters at the thrift, I am including them anyway because they were such a great deal. I picked them up off the clearance shelf at Tai Pan Trading Company for $.83 for the set (Including tax!). They stand about 7" tall and will look cute in my bathroom holding cotton balls and q-tips.

3 comments:

ajc said...

I love those little yellow jars. Good find! That pillow case makes me want to make a whole quilt out of pretty floral vintage pillow cases. Will it go by the wayside like my vintage hankerchief quilt? Only time will tell :)

Keep blogging!
Amey
www.peas-porridge.blogspot.com

Julie said...

I had a gum ball machine that looked just like that back in the 70's. Maybe it was mine!!

Shanae said...

More fun stuff! I'm trying to stay away from thrift stores until I do something with the pile I've got! LOL