Thursday, August 13, 2009

Thrifted Finds 8-11-09

Another trip to my favorite thrift, another couple dollars spent.

Found this fabulous vintage cannister and waste bin set. The waste bin has a little bit of rust around the bottom and one small dent, the cannisters are in mint condition, they have never even been used, they still have all their packaging materials, and the sticker from "Grand Central". Talk about a blast from the past! My mother worked for Grand Central when I was a little girl.


An apple peeler, which will come in handy when making our favorite apple crisp this fall with apples from my mother's tree.


A fun holiday sign that was still in it's celophane packaging. Why would someone not want to keep this darling little sign? Sometimes I wonder why people give away the things I find at the thrift. I can't imagine someone not loving them as much as I do, but I am glad they chose to send them away, so I can have them =0)


Some pretty frames with glass for some special projects I'm planning.


And one more thing that I can't show you because it's for someone special. And no, it's not for...


Although I do have something special, for me, to show you, but it deserves a post all it's own. Check back soon.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Looks like some good finds!

Shanae said...

argh! You always find the best stuff! The last couple of times I've gone thrifting I haven't found anything good (well, other than the $11 I spent on nature books LOL).